Monday, September 30, 2013

Renaissance Festival

We were lucky enough to get free tickets to the Renn Fest today, and I'm super glad we went, as it was great weather, and Em had a wonderful time.  Sadie slept most of the time, but when she woke up, instead of keeping her in the stroller, I put her in the Baby Bjorn so she could "see" what was going on.  I had her big brimmed pink hat on her, covering up her eyes from the powerful rays of the sun.  It's so tough to be outside with her glaucoma; it makes me sad that life is so bright for her.  
As we were walking up to a vendor to get some ice cream for Em, the gentleman working behind the counter mentioned that Sadie couldn't see from underneath her hat.  Maybe it was his tone (don't-you-know-your-baby-can't-see-anything) or look of questioning, but something inside me snapped.  "She has glaucoma!", I almost shouted.  I'm sure he meant nothing by it, but some days I am able to be patient with the comments and some days the comments trigger my "Momma Lioness" (as Sadie's wonderful ECFE teacher calls it).  
Sorry, vendor at the Fest.  I'm still learning how to deal with this life that God has given me.  

Picture of Sades in her hat (from a previous outing).  BIG brim to cover her eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment