Thursday, September 19, 2013

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

This is what I posted on FB today:

It's INTERNATIONAL TALK LIKE A PIRATE DAY. Here's a pic of Sades from weeks ago. The cutest pirate I know! 
 Aargh!


Then I read a great article on L4E: Not a Pirate, Just a Kid.  Now I feel, well, horrible.  I am learning as I go, and in many ways this world is still incredibly unfamiliar to me.  It's becoming more "normal" every day, but it's still not right or fair.  And I strive to gain more knowledge of this world EVERY DAY.  So forgive me, social media, for not understanding that my child's diagnosis and disease is not something to joke about.  But please forgive me when I need to joke about it, when laughter is all that can make it better at the moment.  I am only human.  I am learning.


No comments:

Post a Comment